Living the sanctified life is
Living the sanctified life is part of the new identity we have in Christ as believers. This brand new identity impacts the way we live, the choices we make, the company we keep, the actions we take, etc. Hence, after we’ve been saved and sanctified, God expects us to live this sanctified life daily. Hebrews 12: 1 – Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
What the sanctified life is
The sanctified life means to be temperate in all things. It’s to be the salt of the earth by adding value to the life of everyone that comes around us. A sanctified life stays steadfast in the midst of a perverse generation such as ours. Amongst the darkness of this crooked world, we’d shine as lights when we’re indeed living the sanctified life.
More so, a sanctified life is not a friend to the world. When you’re living the sanctified life, you’d earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. In addition, the sanctified life follows peace with all men, and holiness, just as Christ did.
How to live the sanctified life
In order to live the sanctified life you must:
- Immerse yourself in constant and in-depth study of God’s word. This is one sure way to advance daily in the sanctified life.
- Live in total reverence to God. Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear (1 Peter 1:17)
- Live in total, not partial obedience to all of God’s word and commands (1Peter 1:15).
- Stay away from the things that would naturally lure you into sin (2 Timothy 2:22).
- Don’t let your flesh dictate how you live (Galatians 5:24). The flesh will always be an enemy of our faith. Hence, it needs to be subdued and kept permanently under subjection if we must live the sanctified life in Christ Jesus.
- Keep your spiritual life burning with an active prayer life. 1 Thesalonians 5:17 says “pray continually. One place to nail the flesh to the cross is in the place of prayer. I’ve learnt from experience that it’s much easier for a believer who maintains an active prayer life to live a holy and sanctified life than another whose prayer life is simply passive.
- Disconnect yourself from the world and be connected to God (Romans 12:2). When we’re ready to live the sanctified life we’d consciously live according to God’s precepts not according to the world’s dictates.
Finally, in order to live a sanctified life we must be watchful because our adversary the devil is constantly seeking ways to devour and make us fall out of faith. Being watchful and spiritually sensitive naturally puts us ahead of the devil and his vices as we make daily progress in living the sanctified life.